Local Government Law
We have extensive experience in representing local government throughout South Eastern and Central Western New South Wales. This experience has given us a strong appreciation of the objectives, needs and concerns of local government and a detailed understanding of the legislative framework in which they operate and the legislation and policies they administer. We represent safe hands for local councils, delivering timely, accurate and practical advice to support Councils in serving their communities.
Every day our team provides advice and assistance to local councils on a diverse range of issues including planning and development, proper meeting procedures, administrative law, privacy law, pollution offences, companion animals, noxious weeds, procurement tort and public liability and compliance and enforcement. We also regularly represent local councils in the Administrative Decisions Tribunal, the Local Court and Land and Environment Court in proceedings brought by or being defended by councils.
Bradley Allen Love Lawyers provides legal services to numerous regional local councils across NSW. In addition to our existing clients, we provide legal services to a total of 15 local councils.
We can assist local councils with the following:
- Local Government Act & Regulations
- Environmental planning, assessment and enforcement
- Environmental protection & enforcement
- Administrative law & procedure
- Commercial & procurement issues, including probity and contracting
- Dispute resolution & litigation
- Employment & workplace relations
- Property transactions & compulsory acquisition
- Tort and public liability
If you have an inquiry about Local Government Law, please contact us.