BAL Lawyers has a dedicated section for the conduct of litigation and dispute resolution matters. The section’s experience covers the conduct of matters in all courts and tribunals, up to and including the High Court of Australia. Whether it is a small debt recovery matter, an administrative merits review, or a highly complex commercial dispute, we have the experience and expertise to deal with it.
Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution team provide sound, cost-effective solutions through the delivery of strategic, considered and frank practical legal advice and solutions. Our lawyers are familiar with all common forms of alternative dispute resolution, including conciliation, negotiation, mediation, arbitration and expert determination and will recommend the most appropriate use of these options throughout the course of a dispute.
Where a dispute cannot be avoided or resolved through alternative dispute resolution, we have the experience and expertise to advise and represent clients in the conduct of court proceedings.
Utilising established relationships with other reputable firms, we are also able to represent clients in matters in Sydney and Melbourne.
In addition to the conduct of litigious matters, BAL Lawyers advises clients on risk minimisation in commercial and business practices and develop tailored dispute prevention systems and strategies to seek to minimise the number and impact of disputes.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Building and construction disputes
- Banking, finance and securities disputes, including mortgage foreclosures
- Competition and consumer law, including misleading and deceptive conduct, defective goods and services and anti-competitive conduct
- Commercial leasing and residential tenancy disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Corporations, bankruptcy and insolvency claims
- Debt recovery
- Director, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Human resources and industrial relations
- Intellectual property disputes
- Insurance claims and indemnity disputes
- Motor vehicle and industrial accident compensation
- Medical and dental negligence claims
- Planning disputes
- Trust disputes
- Workers compensation claims
Contact us to find out how we can assist in your situation.