Employment Law & Investigations
People are an organisation’s greatest asset. Getting HR right, and keeping it that way, is more than just providing work and paying wages. Workers should be respected, and should make a significant contribution at work. We can help you achieve these ends.
BAL’s specialist Employment Law and Investigations Group service offering includes:
- advice in all aspects of employment, industrial, injury and HR law
- representation in all HR related forums: workplace meetings, conciliations, tribunals and courts at ACT, NSW and Commonwealth level
- workplace investigation services
- drafting of employment-related policies, contracts and workplace agreements
- workplace training in HR, WHS, and personal grievance-type issues (bullying, harassment, whistleblowing, discrimination, PID’s)
Being Canberra based, BAL Lawyers has both a public and private sector focus. In the public sector, we have unrivalled experience in HR in the Australian Public Service, the ACT Public Service and NSW Local Councils and Joint Organisations. In the private sector, we have particular expertise across the education, community, health care, not-for-profit and labour hire/recruitment industries.
As an ongoing complimentary service to our clients and associates, BAL Lawyers is proud to host the HR Breakfast Club on the third Friday of each month.