Information and Privacy Law
It is compulsory to comply with all relevant privacy legislation which applies to your business; our Business Team specialises in information and privacy law and can advise on all aspects of your business relating to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
While compliance can be complicated, our Information and Privacy Lawyers can assist with all areas of privacy legislation, including helping you to understand how the Privacy Act and the APPs relate to your organisation and any changes you may need to make to ensure you are compliant with your legal requirements. Our team understands how privacy applies to commercial, social, and digital aspects of your business and will work with you to create a tailored approach to privacy and provide you with all the relevant policies required for your business.
We also regularly provide advice to Government and individuals on the privacy obligations imposed by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) and assistance and representation in the event of a breach of privacy.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Issues of privacy compliance
- Writing of Privacy Policies
- Information security standards
- Information collection and storage procedures
- Advice on breaches of privacy legislation
- Legal representation in alternative dispute resolution
- Court proceedings relating to breaches of privacy
- Privacy training for staff
- Review of current policies and procedures
If you would like to learn†more†about how information and privacy law relates to you and your business, please contact us.