Estate and Business Succession
Would your business be ready to deal with the resignation, retirement, illness or death of a party in the business? Every business should have a business succession plan which addresses how the business will adapt to unforeseen events and continue to operate into the future. If the right structures and mechanisms are not in place then the retirement, illness or death of a party can be disastrous for the business.
A business succession plan involves business owners and other interested parties agreeing on a strategy for the smooth transition of the business should there be an unexpected withdrawal by a party. It provides a level of certainty for stakeholders and their families and minimises the potential for conflict between parties and overall disruption to the business.
Bradley Allen Love can help you develop your business succession plan and make sure it is realistic and achievable.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Facilitating the planning process to identify risks, goals and opportunities
- Business structuring
- Shareholder agreements and other contracts
- Preparing company Powers of Attorney
- Successful exit strategies
- Protecting the assets of individuals and business partners
- Amendments to trust deeds to ensure compliance with recent changes in the law
- Liaising with accountants, financial planners and other consultants to help achieve your succession planning goals
If you have a question about business succession or estate management, please contact us.